Sometimes a $12 Long Island iced tea is worth it (especially if it comes with a view).
- There are too many awesome people in the world for me to ever be able to meet them all.
- I never know what to say when people ask what I’ve been doing.
- I have some of the best friends in the world.
- I have some of the worst friends in the world.
- I am often a pretty terrible friend myself.
- Talking too much programming will cause people to glaze over and a kind friend will have to intervene on my behalf.
- My iron will set off my fire alarm.
- The stove will set off my fire alarm.
- A grilled cheese sandwich sitting on a plate will set off my fire alarm.
- There are bars in D.C. that close their kitchens before 11 p.m. on a Friday.
- I want to stay in D.C.
- I don’t want to stay in D.C.
- I probably won’t be able to stay in D.C. anyway.
- Being an intern makes me feel old.
- There is such a thing as too much chocolate.
- I can’t tell it’s summer, because everything is still green and it keeps raining.
- I always think Van Halen’s “Jump” is Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing” when it first starts.
- I can happily survive on two granola bars and a freeze-dried dinner during a day I hike 15 miles, but I eat three times that when I sit at my computer for 12 hours straight.
- All my pants are too long for me to wear with flats.
- Everyone is hungry for something, but only a few people will put forth the effort to prepare a gourmet meal. Most will settle for McDonalds.
- There is a time and place for speaking your mind. I never know when that is, so I speak it all the time.
- Standing on a subway grate really will cause your dress to fly up like Marilyn Monroe’s.
- Some people absolutely love who I am. I will never understand why.
- Some people love me despite who I am. I will never understand why.
things I have learned
Published in Skies